Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My New Happy Place


You know how when things are tough (like labor) and you mentally take yourself to your "happy place"? For as long as I can remember, my happy place as been the beach. Well, not any more!
Jayson picked us up at the airport Saturday and drove us to their beautiful home. Mary and I were sitting in the living room as I (im)patiently waited for Elizabeth to wake up. But how nice to have some quiet time meeting our newest granddaughter. Madeline is just beautiful. The smell, the coos, the smiles... she's just perfect. THAT became my new happy place.
But...then, Elizabeth woke up! The moment of her recognition (once she could see through the sleep in her eyes) and the pitter pat of her running feet and the huge hug! Now I understand.... Grandchildren are truly just that.... GRAND children!
THESE sweet moments of joy are my new happy place.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're so sweet. We loved having you for the weekend, and thanks for all your help :)