Saturday, March 21, 2009

Jay is a Commercial Star!

Went to a Mariner's Spring Training game today for our Anniversary Weekend Get-Away. It was a great game (we won!!) and fun to see Griffey with the team again.




Before the game started FSN (Fox Sports Network)

was filming commercial segments all around the park.

Since we were there 90 minutes early and no team players were warming up
we wandered around the park with the commercial crew.


FSN has hired The Coats http://www.thecoats.net/



(quartet from Seattle, aka The Trenchcoats)

to sing in the commercials welcoming the new players (Griffey especially).

Fun watching the filming behind the scenes.

AND at the end they asked for fans to come join them!

Jay was quickly there and I planted myself with the camera to capture the Kodak moment.




So Seattle fam... watch for the commercials.

If we're lucky Jay won't end up on the cutting room floor.







2 comments:

Myrnie said...

Way to go Jay! What fun :)

I was just thinking about the Coats- I first saw them at the fair, back in 1994. I wondered what they'd been up to :) (After the tragic Trenchcoat Mafia incident, they respectfully changed their name to just "The Coats.")

Heath694 said...

Fun!!! Alex will be so jealous when I tell him about this. I can't wait to see Jay and hope he remains in the scenes!! We miss you guys!