Sunday, December 7, 2008

2008 Christmas Piano Recital


Yesterday five of my piano students played their Christmas songs for a local assisted living home. The audience was very warm and inviting. And the kids did a great job!
For over 19 years I've taught piano and I always love the recitals. Seeing the fruition of the student's hard work. Seeing the nerves as their hands shake while they play. Seeing the deep conscentration on their faces. Seeing their eyes light up as they bow to their audience. Seeing their confidence wax strong. AND seeing the glowing faces of parents and grandparents alike. Recitals are the best!
Jennifer (is NOT a student, as she would quickly remind us all) is playing a duet "Good King Wenceslas" with her good friend Kristen (who is a student). (Photo, compliments of Kristen's talented Mom.)
I remember Jenna's older sibling being just as insistent that he was done taking lessons, too. :-) And boy, did I cry then. I thought he'd never touch the piano again. He had so much talent and ability. Then I watched as he taught himself and improved his skills (guitar and piano). Jenna's doing the same (well... not guitar, but same determination). She likes to play what SHE wants to play and not have assignments. I love her/their spunk and self-confidence and independence. And I love how they have found joy in their music.

No comments: