Thursday, December 18, 2008

Introducing.... NORA!


Kenny and Jamie's little bundle of joy arrived
yesterday, Dec. 17th.
Here's my favorite poem (by Carol Lynn Pearson) in honor of Nora's 1st day here:

My day-old child lay in my arms.
With my lips against her ear
I whispered strongly, "How I wish--
I wish that you could hear.
"I've a hundred wonderful things to say
(A tiny cough and a nod)
Hurry, hurry, hurry, and grow
So I can tell you about God."
My day-old baby's mouth was still
And my words only tickler her ear.
But a kind of a light passed through her eyes
And I saw this thought appear:
"How I wish I had a voice and words,
I've a hundred things to say.
Before I forget I'd tell you of God --
I left Him yesterday."

4 comments:

Mrs. Burch said...

everytime I see a new post by a Wiser, I hope it's this one! Yay! I'm so happy for them all. She's beautiful. Memories...of delivering that first baby. So sweet. Congratulations to all of you guys. What an awesome Christmas you're all going to have down there!

staceygriff said...

sweet and your blanket is there! Lucky girl. She doesn't know yet what wonderful Grandparents she has. Great grandparents for that matter. What a cutie. Tell them congrats from us.

Barbara Wiser said...

Congrats on baby Nora! It's about time she arrived..i was just thinking yesterday, "did that baby ever come?"

Are your kids all coming for Christmas too? I knew Jason and family were coming, but wasn't sure in Kenny & Jamie will get to travel since she just had the baby. I hope so!

Did you get my e-mail? I need your yummy cheese ball recipe from Thanksgiving. (i've got the cranberry one, just need the other one :)

Congrats again! You must be ONE HAPPY NANA!

staceygriff said...

We lived in the same ward as Carol Lynn Pearson in California. That poem is beautiful. Perfect for a perfect little girl.